Dr TC Sia
BMedSci/MBBS (Melb) FRACS PhD Mem.CSSANZ
Dr TC Sia completed his doctorate in neuro-gastroenterology while undertaking General Surgical training. He completed accredited subspecialty Colorectal training with the Colorectal Society of Australia and New Zealand (M.CSSANZ), The focus of this training was laparoscopic surgery (including natural orifice specimen extraction), advanced pelvic cancer surgery and proctology.
As well as being a staff Specialist at Flinders Medical Centre, he has practices privately at Flinders Private Hospital and Ashford Hospital. He is is an Honorary Senior Lecturer at the College of Medicine and Public Health, Flinders University. Dr Sia also supervises candidates of higher degrees in Surgery/Physiology.
Dr TC Sia is a recipient of coveted awards, including:
- The Royal Australasian College of Surgeons Foundation 2012 W.G. Norman Fellowship
- The Royal Australasian College of Surgeons Foundation 2013 R.P. Jepson Medal
- The 2011 & 2012 Flinders University Foundation Scholarship
- The Covidien SA Registrar’s Prize, which he received three times during his training years
A number of his papers have been published in peer-reviewed journals, and are available online.
Dr TC Sia has subspecialty expertise in:
- minimally invasive/laparoscopic (keyhole) colorectal surgery
- inflammatory bowel disease (IBD), including Crohn’s and Ulcerative Colitis,
- complex pelvic surgery and proctology, including:
- haemorrhoid surgery,
- perianal fistula disease, and
- pilonidal disease.
He also offers a broad range of General Surgical procedures including cholecystectomy (gallbladder removal) and hernia repair, is GESA accredited for endoscopic procedures and is involved in cancer screening through the National Bowel Cancer Screening Program.
Make an appointment to see Dr TC Sia today.