Dr Darren Tonkin
After graduating medicine, Dr Darren Tonkin completed subspeciality training in colorectal surgery at St Mark’s Hospital (London). During that time he obtained quaternary level experience in the surgical management of IBD and polyposis, intestinal failure and enterocutaneous fistula.
Subsequently, he has developed extensive experience in minimally invasive surgery, being one of the pioneers in the field of robotic colorectal and general surgery in South Australia.
- Surgical management of IBD
- Colorectal cancer
- Abdominal wall reconstruction
- Hernia repair
- Robotic and laparoscopic surgery
Qualifications and Memberships
- Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery, University of Adelaide, 1997
- Fellow of the Royal Australasian College of Surgeons
- Member, Colorectal Surgical Society of Australia and New Zealand
- Head of Colorectal Unit, The Queen Elizabeth Hospital
- Visiting surgeon, Jamestown Hospital