Dr Dayan De Fontgalland
Dr Dayan de Fontgalland graduated from medicine before completing a general surgery fellowship at the Lyell McEwin Hospital. He then went on to complete two years of subspecialty training in colorectal surgery via the Australian and New Zealand Training Board in Colorectal Surgery at Royal Melbourne Hospital and St Vincent’s Hospital (Melbourne).
His doctorate involved four years of scientific research in the neural circuitry of the human gastrointestinal tract. Dr De Fontgalland has received a number of sponsorships during his career, including the Flinders University Private Research Scholarship in 2004, the RACS Roy & Marjorie Edwards Scholarship in 2005 and the Pfizer Neuroscience Grant in 2007.
- Colorectal cancer
- Complex inflammatory bowel disease
Qualifications and memberships
- Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery, Flinders University, 1998
- Doctor of Philosophy, Flinders University, 2008
- Fellow of the Royal Australasian College of Surgeons
- Member, Colorectal Surgical Society of Australia and New Zealand
- Consultant, Flinders Medical Centre, 2014-current
- Hospital supervisor of training for the ANZTBCRS fellows, 2014-2020
- Surgical superintendent, Flinders Medical Centre, 2014-2016
- Honorary senior lecturer, College of Medicine and Public Health, Flinders University